Media accreditation applications are now being accepted for the Royal Horse Show, held as part of the 95th Royal Agricultural Winter Fair, from November 3 through 12, 2017, at Exhibition Place in Toronto, Ontario.
To apply for media accreditation, please visit exhibitor.royalfair.org/media, complete the form, and submit to Lindsay Brock at firstname.lastname@example.org. Media who did NOT cover the Royal Horse Show in 2016 must also submit a letter of assignment on company letterhead outlining their planned coverage.
As access to the Royal Horse Show during ticketed performances is limited, media must apply for the specific dates they wish to cover. Seating will be assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Media will be informed as to the status of their application upon receipt and review.
NOTE: Jump Media handles media accreditation for the Royal Horse Show ONLY. Media wishing to cover other events at The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair should contact Ashley McGuire, Media Profile, at email@example.com to request media credentials.
Royal Horse Show
The Royal Horse Shows hosts more than 1,000 competitors and offers $1 million in prize money over the course of its ten-day run. International show jumping athletes, including Kent Farrington and McLain Ward, currently ranked number one and two respectively in the Longines World Rider Rankings, make their way to Toronto from all corners of the world to compete in the $150,000 Longines FEI World Cup™ Jumping Toronto on Wednesday evening, November 8. It is one of only four Longines FEI World Cup™ Jumping events to be held on Canadian soil, and the competition acts as a qualifying event for the 2018 Longines FEI World Cup™ Jumping Final in Paris, France. In addition to international show jumping, hunters, indoor eventing, dressage, heavy horses, and much more will be featured at this year’s Royal Horse Show.
Ricoh Coliseum and Enercare Centre at Exhibition Place
100 Princes' Boulevard
Tel: 416 263-3400
Press Entrance/Media Centre
The media center is located in the same location as past years, Salon 101B in the Galleria of the Enercare Centre. Media accreditation is not required to access the Media Centre.
• $125,000 Canadian Show Jumping Championship and $20,000 Horseware Indoor Eventing Challenge - Friday and Saturday evenings, November 3 and 4
• Braeburn Farms Hunter Derby – Sunday, November 5
• Knightwood Hunter Derby National Final – Tuesday, November 7
• $150,000 Longines FEI World Cup™ Jumping Toronto – Wednesday evening, November 8
• Royal Invitational Dressage Cup, presented by Butternut Ridge – Thursday evening, November 9
• $50,000 Weston Canadian Open – Friday evening, November 10
• $15,000 Canine-Equine Challenge, presented by the Toronto Star – Saturday afternoon, November 11
• $87,000 Big Ben Challenge – Saturday evening, November 11
A complete Royal Horse Show schedule can be accessed here.
Special Events and Exhibitions
In addition to performance events in the Ricoh Coliseum, the ten-day Royal Horse Show features entertainment for the whole family as follows:
• Australian Horseman Guy McLean – Friday to Sunday, November 3-5, Wednesday, November 8, and Saturday, November 11, to Sunday, November 12
• SuperDog Flyball – Saturday, November 4
• Arabian Country English Pleasure Demonstration – Friday, November 10
• Canadian Cowgirls – Saturday and Sunday, November 11 and 12
• Arabian Mounted Native Costume Exhibition – Saturday, November 11
• Ontario Toyota Dealers Rodeo – Sunday, November 13
For more information on what the Royal Horse Show has to offer, visit royalfair.org/horse-show.
Visiting The Royal Horse Show
For information on dining, accommodations and more, visit royalfair.org/plan.
Ticket information is available online here.
Royal Horse Show Media Contacts:
Follow The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair on Facebook and YouTube, @royalhorseshow on Twitter, and @theroyalfair on Instagram for a behind-the-scenes look at the Royal Horse Show. Please use hashtags: #RAWF17, #RoyalFever, #RoyalHorseShow, #FEIWorldCup, #RidetoParis, and #Longines if you plan to write about the Royal Horse Show and the Longines FEI World CupTM Jumping Toronto on your outlet’s social media channels.
For more information on the Royal Horse Show, the marquee event of The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair, please visit www.royalfair.org/horse-show.
Funding support for The Royal has been provided by the City of Toronto and the Government of Ontario.